Covid Precautions at Creffield Lodge
We have always prided ourselves on our safe environment at Creffield Lodge, but due to the Covid pandemic we are having to take additional precautions to ensure the health and well-being of all our patients and staff when you attend for your appointment. Please read these instructions very carefully.
- Please only attend the practice if you have already made an appointment by telephone.
- DO NOT ATTEND if you have a fever, persistent new cough, difficulties breathing, alteration to taste/smell, tummy upset, headache, fatigue.
- Please click here to download and complete the MEDICAL HISTORY FORM. Please DON’T FORGET to bring it with you. Also bring a list of your medications.
- Please ensure you arrive in good time: if you are late we may not be able to see you.
- Please come on your own unless you need a parent, guardian, or carer with you.
- Please use the toilet at home and try to avoid using ours!
- Please announce your arrival to reception by tapping on the window. DO NOT enter the practice, we will come to collect you. It is probably best to come by car as we will ask you to wait outside.
- Please do not bring excessive belongings with you. We might ask you to leave some possessions securely at reception.
- Please be mindful to maintain 2m social distancing within the practice. We will ask you to use hand sanitiser on arrival and departure, and we may take your temperature. If you have a mask then please wear it, or we might supply one.
- Please be aware that the surgery staff will be wearing more PPE than you will have previously seen. Sadly we won’t be able to shake your hand, and our voices may be muffled by our masks. But we are the same nice people underneath!
- All payments must be made by card.
- Apologies if the practice seems a bit sparse and unwelcoming, and these restrictions are onerous: we hope these arrangements can relax before too long.
or click below to
|Monday||8.30 - 4.45|
|Tuesday||8.30 - 4.45|
|Wednesday||8.30 - 4.45|
|Thursday||8.30 - 4.45|
|Friday||8.30 - 4.00|
|We close for lunch
from 12.50pm - 1.50pm
If you’re a regular patient with toothache, we’ll make every effort to see you the same day.
Please phone as early as possible; you may have to wait whilst we fit you in around other patients but we’ll do all we can to help.
If you’re not an existing patient, we suggest that you call the NHS 111 service who will be able to put you in touch with someone who can help.